Wednesday, October 3, 2012

No sew artist smock with snaps

When I did in home daycare I didn't have much sewing time on my hands. So I needed some quick and easy artist smocks. The plastic disposables weren't really an option since they aren't good for the earth and expensive!

So I ventured out to the dollar store and came across some youth sized shirt. Score!

Now, how on earth will I take it off without smearing paint everywhere when they are done?

Snap!

Yup, the saying is old; but that's what I used! A snap!

I whipped out my handheld Kam snap pliers and 1 snap set and grabbed my fabric scissors.

I cut straight up the BACK of the shirt and attached the snap at the top!

Perfect!

Quick and easy! Easily removable, slightly bigger than they needed to cover all their clothes and cute!!

If you wanted to sew the edges you could, but t shirts don't fray so no worries about little strings hanging all over after you wash it!



No comments: